Upstream. A Mohawk Valley Blogzine.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Johnathan Porco's Testimony & More.

Johnathan Porco’s Testimony.
I’m not sure what to make of Johnathan Porco’s testimony yesterday. The most newsworthy thing that came out of it is he said his relationship with Christopher is strained. If Christopher Porco were my brother, he would not have had to attack our parents to strain our relationship. Stealing from my parents and lying to my parents would be enough to strain relations with any of my siblings.

Is Johnathan Porco the “perfect son?”
Everyone says he is except for a guy who calls himself Insider and has posted comments on this blog and The Porco Trial Blog. On Upstream, he posted, “Mark my words- Kindlon is going to regret calling Jonathan the 'perfect son' in open court.”

Insider may just be one of those people who for some psychological reason wants people to think he had an inside track to information about the Porcos. On the other hand, some of his comments seem to suggest he knows more than the average person about the Porcos. Furthermore, he has been posting from *****. I’m not sure what interest a person from ***** would have in the Porco case unless they were a former resident of this area, a relative or friend of the Porcos, or one of Johnathan’s fellow naval officers.

Anyway, if he really is an insider, I wish he would come out of the closet and be less cryptic with his comments.

Speaking of Being Cryptic.
Yesterday Rick Karlin of the TU started his post on the TU Porco Blog with this sentence.

“In the academic world and that became apparent Monday in the Porco trial when chief prosecutor Michael McDermott said he had hoped to call three University of Rochester instructors to the stand but they were “petering out,'’ and would probably not show up at the trial.”

After reading it several times, I was tempted to use some of the words on George Carlin’s list of bad words. If there is an English major out there who can diagram that sentence for me, I would appreciate it. I can’t figure out what it means.

3 Comments:

  • Dan,

    I sent a seperate email asking that you please remove mention of my physical location from this post. I don't think you've singled people out for that in the past, and if I'd known you would reveal that information I'd never have contributed to your blog.

    Like others close to this case, I fear for my safety, and therefore choose to use an pseudonym, which your blog allows. When the time is right I may wish to be more public, but until then I ask that you not sinlge me out.

    Thank you for your understanding.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:13 PM  

  • Regarding that cryptic first sentence ... take another look, and you'll notice that the headline over that blog post is "Summers are sacrosanct ..." The ellipsis, I suppose, indicates one must read the headline as if it were part of the first sentence. Personally, if I wanted to do something like that, I'd put ellipses both after the headline and at the start of the body text.

    By Blogger The Bentwood Rockers, at 11:53 PM  

  • Regarding that "cryptic" first line: Take another look, and you'll notice that the headline, "Summers are Sacrosanct ..." ends with an ellipsis. I believe the ellipsis indicates one should read the headline as the start of the body text.

    By Blogger The Bentwood Rockers, at 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home