Upstream. A Mohawk Valley Blogzine.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Lives Of The Gay Cowboys

Call me old fashioned. Call me homophobic. I don’t care. I’ll take Cold Mountain over Brokeback Mountain any day. I will never understand how a man is attracted to another man.

I will have to listen to Garrison Keillor tonight on The Prairie Home Companion to see if he has changed his Lives of the Cowboys series to Lives of the Gay Cowboys. Gay cowboys? What’s next?

I wonder if John Wayne would have been willing to star in Brokeback Mountain if he were alive? All I know is I am going to be watching all of those old cowboy movies with a different point of view now?

My son, the film critic, disagrees with me on this. Maybe, he will enlighten me with a post on the subject.

1 Comments:

  • Dan you are so right. I have absolutely zero interest in seeing this movie.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home