Upstream. A Mohawk Valley Blogzine.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Can A Cow Get A Square Meal In A Round Barn?

Round Barn in Town of Glen, Montgomery County New York

I wouldn't last one day as a farmer. A local farmer cuts our two acres of hay and leaves me a few bales for our horse. Today, I have to bring in thirteen bales, and I am dreading it. Of course, I can only move one bale at a time and I have to do it with a wheelbarrow. Nevertheless, it's not that big of a deal.

Inspite of my dislike of farming, I have a fascination with old barns. The more unique the better. The above photo is of a round barn on Round Barn Road in the Town of Glen in Montgomery County. I don't know of any other round barns in Montgomery County, although there may be others. There are many round barns however, throughout the country.

View photos of other round barns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home