Upstream. A Mohawk Valley Blogzine.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Change Of Policy On Commenting.

Due to the lack of a sense of propriety by one anonymous reader in posting a comment, Upstream will now be moderating comments before they are posted. That means I have the opportunity to read and delete a comment before it is posted. I don't expect to have to use it often. Unfortunately, if comment moderation is turned off and someone posts a comment that should not have been posted, you have to delete the original post to get rid of the comment. With comment moderation, you don't have to do that.

I appreciate the comments people make on this blog. The above mentioned comment is the first I have had to delete. Hopefully, it will be the last.

3 Comments:

  • Too bad you had to do that. Not because 'moderation' will be more work for you but because, alas, it's another sign of the times.
    Hey...at least we can still comment. Albany Eye doesn't offer that opportunity.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 AM  

  • Dan,
    My experience with Blogger is that you do NOT need to delete the original posting in order to delete individual off-topic comments. That's why I am comfoprtable letting anyone post anything they want since I can always clean it up later if need be. I delete annoying ads all the time, and even a few off-color comments, and I never delete the original posting.

    As I recall, I click on the little garbage can of the offending post, a message appears asking if I want to delete the comment permanently and I usually say yes. End of story. Just thought you should know. No need to post this unless others would find it of use.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:10 AM  

  • Oh and BTW, Albany Eye would be a lot better blog if one could post comments.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home