Upstream. A Mohawk Valley Blogzine.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Rensselaer County DA's Office Faces 52 Million Dollar Lawsuit.

I told you the other day that I thought the Rensselaer County DA’s office was about to be sued. I was right. Attorney Warren Redlich is holding a press conference today to announce a 52 million dollar lawsuit against Patrica DeAngelis’s office for “malicious prosecution and wrongful extradition” of Jeremy Phillips, a former Pittsfield resident who was arrested for allegedly stealing from his Rensselaer County employer.

Mr. Phillips spent 28 days in a Chicago jail before being extradited to New York State. A Rensselaer County grand jury recently refused to indict Mr. Phillips.

More details about the lawsuit and Mr. Phillips experiences with the Rensselaer County DA’s office will be forthcoming at the press conference. I was hoping to go to the conference, but I have to take my car to the garage this morning. If you are in the media, the press conference is being held at Attorney Redlich’s law offices at 255 Washington Avenue Ext. #108 in Albany at 10:00 this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home