Upstream. A Mohawk Valley Blogzine.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Couch Potato Couldn't Be Bothered To Go To The Dump.

Roadside Archeology in the Mohawk Valley.

Illegal dumping in rural areas is increasing, at least it is on my road. Tires are the biggest problem, a problem which could easily be solved by charging a deposit on tires that would be returned when the tires were returned to a garage. Other items I see a lot of on country roads are appliances, full bags of garbage, the remains of meals from McDonalds, Burger King and KFC, soda and beer cans, Stewart's coffee cups, lottery tickets and cigarette butts.

When I go walking down my road, I often contemplate on what this growing phenomenon says about us as a people. My thoughts about people who dump their trash on country roads is not printable on this blog, which generally trys to be family oriented.

1 Comments:

  • Eww, bad manners and bad taste too...unless of course you are a fan of canary yellow furniture. We find the same sort of debris here too, including an amazing number of beer bottles.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home