Upstream. A Mohawk Valley Blogzine.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Porco Family Member Comments On Guilty Verdicts.

Editor’s Note: I asked one Porco family member to comment on the guilty verdicts that were handed down today against Christopher Porco. I thought the response was excellent, and I thank ”Insider” for taking the time to share with us.

Hi Dan,

I guess here’s what I’d say: While we’re obviously pleased with this outcome, sending Chris to jail for 50+ years will not bring Peter back or turn Joan back into the wonderful woman she was. I still won’t be able to pick up the phone and call Peter when I want to, and our family will never again sit around the dining room table at Brockley Drive and enjoy one of Joan’s famous dinners. So while I don’t blame anyone for celebrating, tonight I’ll raise a glass on my own in Peter’s memory. My hope for the future is that we can support Joan and do our best to make sure that she doesn’t waste any of the limited money she has left on the appeal Terry is already planning. Chris is entitled to his appeal, and I’m sure there are plenty of public interest lawyers and bright law students who will be willing to help him with it. I just don’t want to see Joan driven any further into poverty by Chris’s selfish act.My sincere thanks to McDermott and Rossi who are smart, patient, and honorable lawyers. Thanks also to the BPD and everyone who has said kind words or sent warm thoughts our way. I sincerely appreciate that while the community expressed their outrage at what Chris did, you all were able to see that a very normal and loving family still existed outside of that act. With any luck, we’re going to work on getting back to being that family.

Insider

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home