Upstream. A Mohawk Valley Blogzine.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Upstream Update.

Upstream Slips To Second Place In Google Search.
As of tonight when you type Porco Trial Blog into Google, WNYT’s Porco Trial Blog is now the first result returned. Upstream which has been number one all week has now slipped to second place, although five of the first ten results returned link to Upstream. Frankly, I have no computer savvy, so I have no idea why Upstream is even on the first page of results. After reading some of the more recent posts and comments on The Porco Trial Blog, however, I’m not sure that Upstream needs to take second place when it comes to the quality of posts and comments.

Upstream Editor To Appear On Television.
I’m not very photogenic, which is why I do not post photos of myself on this blog. But in the unlikely event you are interested in what I look like, tune into WNYA, Cable Channel 4 (over the air Channel 15) on Sunday morning, July 23 at 11:00a.m. and you can see what I look like. More importantly, you will see an interview that Ernie Tetrault did with me. The primary topics of the interview were this blog and my book business, although we did touch some on Mohawk Valley history and the Jack Carroll case. By the way, If you tune in this Sunday at 11:00a.m., you can watch an interview that Ernie Tetrault did with Carl Strock.

Upstream Sells Photo And Article To Boating Magazine.
Frankly, I was getting very discouraged with blogging a few weeks ago. While more and more people are visiting Upstream, posting everyday is hard work. Not that I don’t enjoy it at times. Furthermore, blogging takes up a lot of time, and there are no financial rewards, at least around here. I had considered taking a two month sabbatical while I tried to get some articles published in magazines that would actually pay me a few dollars for my two cents. It’s not that I’m mercenary, but I do have two sons that I am trying to get through college, an old house that I am trying to restore; and like the rest of you, I like to eat.

Just as I was about to announce my vacation from blogging, I got an e-mail from Power Cruising Magazine. They wanted to purchase one of the photos I took, and posted on Upstream, of Lock 10 on the Mohawk River. I, of course, agreed and then received another e-mail asking me to write a short article on how flooding affected boating on the Canal. How could I refuse. The photo and article will appear in the next issue of the magazine which, I believe, is due out before the end of the month.

So for now, I’ll keep on blogging. As a reminder, if you have any stories that the traditional media have ignored, have an idea for a post, have some interesting photos, or would like to do a guest post, please contact me at upstreamblog@yahoo.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home