Upstream. A Mohawk Valley Blogzine.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Memorial Day Tribute and Dedication

Monday I attended the dedication and tribute held at the Green Hill Cemetery in Amsterdam and thought I'd share a couple of photos. I have to say that of all the cemetery's that I have been in (there are a number of them) the Green Hill is by far the one that I like the best.



Above is Peter Betz, Fulton County Historian and Green Hill Cementery Association Board Trustee. Notice the remnants of the old Kellogg & Miller Linseed Oil buildings in the background.



Notice at the top of the plaque in the circle is the Sanford Monument gates that are on Church Street at the front of the original entrance.



The Post 701 Vets "wrapping" it up by the Spanish-American War Memorial.



Not sure about the above shot.



Again not sure about the above shot.

1 Comments:

  • I was happy to read this week that Green Hill has enough money to carry the cemetery for another year. Was any money ever recouped from the time when the two caretakers from Galway bilked the cemetery? I hope the cemetery can get on a sound financial footing as it truly is a historic and beautiful cemetery.

    By Blogger Dan Weaver, at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home