Upstream. A Mohawk Valley Blogzine.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Valentines Day and Writers block

I couldn't think of anything extremely interesting to write about because writer's block disease has yet again infected me with it's virus. So I decided to talk a little bit about Valentine's Day. This holiday has someone gained this weird idea that love is only between two romantic people. This of course is far from the truth. I love people in my life but not in a romantic way and that doesn't make it not love. I love my father, my brothers, my Grandma, my aunt and uncle, my best friend Aida, and my friend Zack quite a lot.
Teenagers somehow have the idea that if your not going out with anyone on Valentine's Day then your asumed to be somewhat of a loser. I'll probally hang out with my friend Zack for some of Valentine's Day and then spend the rest of the evening with family. I don't really see how that makes me a loser.
This post was completely pointless and a waste of bandwidth but I don't believe in blog burning.

4 Comments:

  • This post was not a waste of time. Don't be apologetic about your writing. By the way, what is blog burning?

    By Blogger Dan Weaver, at 8:37 PM  

  • This post was not a waste of time. Don't be apologetic about your writing. By the way, what is blog burning?

    By Blogger Dan Weaver, at 8:39 PM  

  • Yes, what is blog burning?

    I don't think it was a waste of time at all! It wasn't a waste of my time to read it, so therefore it couldn't have been a waste of your time to write it!

    After reading this, I spent a few minutes thinking about the people I love. There is no "romantic" interest in my life right now, but there sure are quite a few people that I care enough about that I would say that I love them. So my few minutes in response to your blog were well spent for me -- I'll have to find a way to express my love for each of them, Valentine's Day or not!

    By Anonymous NumberWise, at 9:21 PM  

  • If you felt compelled to say something...then it is not a waste of time, but I would hope that not mentioning your mom as someone you love was merely an oversight!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home