Upstream. A Mohawk Valley Blogzine.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Santa & Sam Stratton's Son.

Brian Stratton, mayor of Schenectady got an early Christmas present in the form of a 46% raise. Not bad. Even Rennselaer County officials didn't dare go that high with their recent raises. Would Brian's father, the late Congressman Sam Stratton have approved? He was a Democrat, but a fiscal conservative, so I doubt it. I kind of miss Congressman Stratton. Neither Michael McNulty, who now sits where Sam sat, nor Stratton's son Brian, have the same moxie that Sam had. I am an registered independent voter who votes mostly for Republicans, but I always voted for Sam when he was running for office. It is highly unlikely that I would do the same for Brian if given the opportunity.

1 Comments:

  • First of all I wholeheartedly agree.
    Second, thanks for taking a moment to comment on my blog, Northview Diary. I appreciate being set straight on the cobbler as a repairman issue and also glad to have discovered YOUR blog, which is wonderful. Keep up the good work!

    By Blogger threecollie, at 3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home